Farmers Insurance Careers
Fulfillment Specialist III - 1st Shift
Requisition ID: 190000PB
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
- Controls and manages shipping and receiving of all inbound and outbound material.
- Processes stock receipts in Ariba.
- Creates/Processes purchase requests in Ariba.
- Drives company vehicles (truck, van, car).
- Collects and distributes materials and correspondence by providing messenger/courier service to various internal office locations as assigned.
- Operates forklifts. Operates shipping computer systems.
- Fulfills supply order requisitions.
- Able to address all duties of Fulfillment Specialist 1 and 2 positions.
- Trains co-workers.
- Ensures assigned duties occur in accordance with department quality standards and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Controls and manages shipping receiving operations of the warehouse.
- Processes stock receipts in Ariba. Creates/Processes purchase requests in Ariba.
- Works with procurement print coordinators on high volume inventory items (roll paper, sheet paper, envelopes, policy forms) to replenish stock.
- Operates forklifts, pallet jacks. Drives company vehicles as needed.
- Trains co-workers and performs other needed warehousing/fulfillment duties as assigned
Sitting, Bending, Cleaning, Climbing, Reaching, Pushing, Seeing, Standing, Walking, Twisting, Speaking/Reading/Writing in English, P ulling, Kneeling, Lifting/Carrying 50 lbs. Operate pallet jack.
Controlled ambient environmental conditions, Repetitive and moderately high noise level, Chemicals, Moving mechanical parts, Areas considered dangerous, Conditions which would affect the respiratory system or skin (such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, inks, solvents, particulate matter, oils, or poor ventilation), Electrical current, Forklift Traffic.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license Operating certification on forklift equipment (or to be obtained within first 90 days)
- 3-5 years’ experience in warehousing operations or equivalent
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high pressure production environment preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Knowledge and use of Ariba receiving or similar software
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 01/30/2019