We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; with expertise on BI Applications â Tableau, SAP Business Objects; Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, as required.
- Support data organization's business intelligence/data warehousing development projects, coordinating with business partners, analysts, and developers to create IT specification documents based on business requirements.
- Is responsible for the conceptual design of business applications; building complex Business Object reports; building Tableau dashboards.
- Review and validate the technical design for business applications provided by the supplier; perform quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Work with development tools including but not limited to Business Objects, Crystal reports and Tableau, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, DB2 and SAS.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
- Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required.
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Specifies / Recommends Integration and Parallel testing criteria.
Education Requirements: Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
Experience Requirements: 4 years of experience in application development using tools like, SAP Business objects, Tableau or Similar Applications. 5 years' of experience working on Business Intelligence Applications and Data warehouse applications.
Special Skill Requirement: Good written and oral skills in local language.
Internal Title: Application SME II
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 05/14/2019