Farmers Insurance Careers
Auto Physical Damage Appraiser - Fremont, CA
Requisition ID: 190000SV
- Completes vehicle inspections and prepares estimate or reviews and adjusts estimates from repair facilities and subrogation demands using claims estimating software and determines claims related damage.
- Establishes damages and negotiates settlement of claims with repair facilities or other carriers.
- Manages repair process and adjusts auto repair supplements and manages rental.
- Confirms accuracy of total loss evaluation, explains the process and settles total loss claims when appropriate.
- Obtains total loss salvage release from policyholder or claimant and completes field clearing note before assigning to Salvage department, mitigating additional salvage storage costs.
- Interacts/collaborates directly with policyholders, claimants, agents, and other representatives including repair facilities.
- Explains damages and the repair process, and sets expectations.
- Effectively collaborates with claim owners for customer interaction and resolution strategy.
- Appropriate communication with all entities associated with the claim to ensure the repairs are completed efficiently.
- This includes parts availability and appropriate repair scheduling.
- Confirms, explains, and applies coverage, assists with rental management, determines and reports on subrogation potential, fraud ind icators, negotiates and issues claim payments.
- Performs applicable administrative tasks (timekeeping, expense reports).
- Completes assigned training and activities to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities required to complete the job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Basic negotiating skills.
- Basic interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Automotive repair knowledge strongly preferred.
- Basic conflict resolution skills.
- Basic critical thinking skills.
- Actively pursuing I-CAR Platinum designation and technical learning - Preferred
- Must have valid Driver's License
Job Posting: 01/29/2019