Farmers Insurance Careers
Billing Customer Service Rep I
Requisition ID: 190000TH
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:15am – 5pm
- Benefits: 4% 401K Deposit + 6% 401K Match, competitive hourly wage + 5% yearly bonus target, 4 weeks PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision
- Certified Great Place to Work!
- Maximizes positive customer experiences by handling basic (e.g. reinstatements, pay plan changes, address changes, pay arrangements, refund stop pays, funds transfers, and payment reversals) billing requests and inquiries over the phone and in writing.
- The Billing Customer Service Representative I reviews and researches customer's billing concerns, obtains necessary information from various sources, and responds to agents, lienholders, and policyholders by telephone and through correspondence.
- Reviews and researches customer's billing concerns, obtains necessary information from various sources, and responds to agents, lienholders, as well as policyholders by telephone and through written correspondence to ensure their billing issues/concerns are addressed in a positive customer experience manner.
- Effectively utilizes department Help Desk and subject matter experts to obtain needed information for complex situations.
- These include billing errors/ system defects, disbursement of funds, handing irate callers, reinstating multiple policies on one account, and pay arrangement exceptions.
- Completes various billing transactions relating to items such as the application of funds, payer demographics, policy status, payment timelines, reinstatement of policies, pay plan changes, and waiving fees.
- Enters notes into bill payment system as appropriate. Attains service level standards guaranteed to our customers efficiently using systems and procedures to meet target handle time, following break and lunch schedule, and minimizing after call work.
- Handles basic billing reports that are primarily administrative and routine in nature.
- Participates in various employee committees to provide feedback on administrative processes, to review departmental communication for consistency and accuracy, and to increase employee morale.
- May test billing system functionality when updates/upgrades are made.
- Maintains and applies a thorough working knowledge of established department procedures and methods as well as keeps up-to-date with changes.
- Continues to build personal skill set and industry knowledge base by participating in internal and/or external insurance department and/or industry related courses/seminars. Performs other functions as assigned.
Job Posting: 02/20/2019