Farmers Insurance Careers
Backend Technical Lead
Requisition ID: 190000VA
- You will lead hands-on mobile architecture, design and backend development work (Node.js).
- You will set the tone, quality and culture of mobile team.
- You will lead an Agile team and mentor by example. Yes, you will code, document and set style guides so the team could refer to a “source of truth”.
- You will advocate for engineering best practices and will question the status quo.
- You will research new technologies that will extend your skills and the value that Farmers Insurance can offer to our customers.
- You will collaborate with others, architects, business analysts and product owners to solve complex problem.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer, with at least 2 in a lead role.
- 3+ year experience on Backend: Node.js, HTTP, REST and SOAP, scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Experience delivering high quality applications utilizing test-driven development and continuous integration: Gitflow, Unit and UI Tests, Jenkins.
- Deep understanding of data design and systems integration
- You should be familiar with designing for and deploying on cloud-based architectures such as AWS and Heroku"
- Nice to have: Experience with Mobile app development.
Job Posting: 02/08/2019