Farmers Insurance Careers
Public Relations Intern - Summer Internship
Requisition ID: 190000VQ
We are looking for a diverse group of curious, passionate, and hard-working students to join our summer internship program for 2019!
We are Farmers!
Farmers Insurance is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work and listed in Forbes’ Best Employers for New Grads in 2018. At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world class customer experiences. Our employees help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States.
What you’ll get to do as an intern:
This is an opportunity to work alongside accomplished Insurance professionals and gain valuable skills for your future. You will learn how we use Public Relations best practices to drive our business forward. Through project work, job shadowing, hands on work experience, and exposure to Farmers leadership teams, you will expand your knowledge and experience.
Farmers Insurance is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented and enthusiastic External Communications/Public Relations Intern to join Farmers Group, Inc.’s team for the summer of 2019. Daily tasks may include: monitoring for media coverage of the organization and its competitors; researching and pitching reporters; researching editorial opportunities; developing targeted media lists; drafting various media materials such as news releases, media alerts, talking points, speeches, social media posts, and other written and administrative tasks as needed. The ideal candidate would be a student of journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or similar field.
What we’re looking for:
- 10 to 12 week summer internship, 40-hour work week
- Rising students working toward Bachelors (BS/BA) degree or Masters program (MS/MA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individuals with attention to detail and effective time-management skills
- Eligible to work in the United States
- State-of-the-art facility with cafeteria, fitness center/shower, walking trails nearby, etc.
- Walking distance to the Village in Woodland Hills, an open air shopping/dining center.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/12/2019