Farmers Insurance Careers
IT Network Refresh Engineer Intern
Requisition ID: 190000WW
Farmers Insurance is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work and listed in Forbes’ Best Employers for New Grads in 2018. At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world class customer experiences. Our employees help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States.
Work alongside the existing internal and partner network teams to plan and coordinate the refresh of varying levels of network hardware across many data centers and remote sites. These refresh activities are as follows:
- Hardware refresh of server distribution and access layer switches at data centers.
- Hardware refresh of WAN optimizers at remote offices.
- Hardware refresh of user access layer switches at remote offices.
- Hardware refresh of internet aggregation switches at multiple data centers.
- Hardware refresh and transformation of firewall at multiple data centers.
- Software refresh of enterprise wide software refresh for routers, switches and WAN optimizers.
- Hardware refresh of Wireless LAN across many remote offices.
When completed the interns will have been involved with all aspects of the refresh projects and work with our supplier partners to insure completion of all project action items and artifacts such as:
- Scope of Work (SoW)
- High Level Designs (HLD)
- Low Level Designs (LLD)
- Acceptance Into Service (AIS):
- Proof of inventory updates
- Proof of monitoring and alerting
- Proof of reporting and capacity planning
- As Built Documentation
- Pursuing a BA Degree or Master’s Degree program with an accredited college.
- Knowledge or understanding knowledge of network hardware, WAN, Wireless LAN, routers, switches and WAN optimizers
- Teamwork and collaboration experience with projects
- State-of-the-art facility with cafeteria, fitness center/shower, walking trails nearby, etc.
- Walking distance to the Village in Woodland Hills, an open air shopping/dining center
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/01/2019