Farmers Insurance Careers
IT Service Management Intern - Oklahoma City, OK
Requisition ID: 190000WY
Farmers Insurance is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work and listed in Forbes’ Best Employers for New Grads in 2018. At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world class customer experiences. Our employees help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States.
IT Service Management Operations team focuses on governing and improving the IT processes for Incident, Requests, Problem and Events in our environment. Our goal is to align our process within IT with industry best practices to further improve efficiency and minimize the disruption of service due to our business users.
The purpose of this position will be:
- To analyze existing problems in the environment and work with our Service Delivery teams to track and report on established corrective action plans.
- Additional activities include monitoring and reporting of high severity incidents, problems and critical events along with learning how they relate to Availability of critical applications and services.
- An ideal candidate would be able to create and/or maintain recurring reports by querying data.
- Pursuing a BA Degree or Master’s Degree program with an accredited college with the following majors: Management Information Systems, Information Studies or Computer Science – Information Science.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Microsoft Excel - (Python or R preferred)
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Analytical skills – identify trends in data and reports
- The ability to analyze, model and interpret data
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/01/2019