Farmers Insurance Careers
Product Analytics Manager
Requisition ID: 1900010T
Directs and conducts research and preparation activities regarding new personal lines insurance programs and rates as well as coordinates their introduction with other departments.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and train a team of analysts performing tasks listed below
- Conduct and review product analysis for assigned product lines and states.
- Use SAS/SQL programming skills to extract, manipulate and analyze large sets of data to identify relationships and trends in our data in order to recommend improvements in our product pricing
- Prepare and present both statistical analysis and non-statistical results
- Modify computer programs to pull information from company databases
- Data manipulation, analysis and interpretation
- Analyze quoting, conversion, customer mix and retention data;
- Perform primary field research, including customer, distribution, competitor, insurance department, and market/premium surveys.
- Prepare reports to assist territory product in managing their states.
- Takes leadership role in special projects as assigned.
- Stays abreast of industry developments.
- Negotiates and sets priorities to align with Enterprise Strategy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing, and lifting and/or carrying 20 lbs maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment with occasional exposure to uncontrolled outside environmental conditions.
Four-year college degree preferably in mathematical or statistical field. Graduate degree preferred.
Mathematical, financial or statistical experience. Five years’ experience in similar role, or Graduate degree and three years’ experience in similar role
Special Skill Requirement
- Proficient PC Skills, including Excel, Access, SAS, Word and basic programming for statistical purposes.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including ability to make effective presentations and write articles publishable in trade magazines.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn advanced insurance concepts and insurance terms and structure.
Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/06/2019