Farmers Insurance Careers
Mail Specialist II - 1st Shift
Requisition ID: 1900015O
This is for a 1st shift position, M-F 8:15am to 5pm
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
- Utilizing computer, processes address changes coming from internal and external customer databases, requiring electronic sorting and data importing into MS Access.
- Print envelopes with revised address information.
- Create/Remove mail bins. Processing of incoming USPS return mail for handling.
- Trains co-workers on various aspects of their job along with safety.
- Drives company vehicle to transport/deliver mail to/from different corporate office locations and perform general office services.
- May also perform mail processing tasks involving sorting, inserting, bagging and shipping mail in accordance with department standards and procedures
- Maintains customer mailing addresses for Mail Services department operations, conducting electronic sorting and data importing along with envelope printing and creating/removing mail bins
- Sets up and operates all equipment (metering, inserting, and envelope printing machines).
- Operates Company vehicle to pick up and deliver interoffice mail
- Process miscellaneous requests using information management systems
- Processes certified and registered mail
- Sorts, inserts, bags and ships mail Cross-trains co-workers as needed
- Orders supplies using online ordering software as required
Sitting, Bending, Cleaning, Climbing, Reaching, Pushing, Seeing, Standing, Walking, Twisting, Speaking/Reading/Writing in English, Pulling, Kneeling, Lifting/Carrying 50 lbs. Operate pallet jack.
Controlled ambient environmental conditions, Repetitive and moderately high noise level, Chemicals, Moving mechanical parts, Areas considered dangerous, Conditions which would affect the respiratory system or skin (such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, inks, solvents, particulate matter, oils, or poor ventilation), Electrical current, Forklift Traffic.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- 3-5 years’ experience in mailing industry or equivalent Experience working in a fast-paced, high pressure production environment (preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Ability to do repetitive work and stand for a long period of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs occassionally
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/13/2019