Farmers Insurance Careers
Business Analyst II
Requisition ID: 1900015P
- Serves as a liaison between the Business and IT to provide solution to their business needs; Understands customers’ objectives, processes, and products as well as the business systems capabilities; Supports users in building business case, including cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment, and project scope; Performs impact analysis and supports development of effort/cost estimates; Develops and documents functional specifications; Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities
- Works with technical development team and business stakeholder to elicit, analyze and groom requirements in User Story format, including acceptance criteria.
- Analyzes business processes and technical requirements to identify data needs and sources; prepares source to target data mapping; defines business rules to support ETL process; consults with development team to formalize approach for loading data.
- Contributes and/or reviews logical and physical data models to help determine and recommend optimal solutions with consideration for stakeholder and systems impacts.
- Facilitates and/or participates in Sprint planning sessions to create high-level Feature requirements and incorporate into Product Backlog based on dependencies and priority.
- Analyzes functional requirements including business processes; business rules; and exception processing, as needed.
- Collaborates with team to plan product backlog and to break down User Stories into Sprint-able work items.
- Reviews and validates requirements with stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives and system architecture / design solutions.
- Supports testing, quality assurance and user acceptance efforts to ensure delivered solution meets acceptance criteria.
- Supports change management and implementation efforts by working with teams responsible for user training, procedural documents, and user support.
- Experience writing functional/technical requirements for integration services between back-end mainframe architecture and enterprise applications.
- Business Analyst level understanding of data models, database structure and concepts, data warehouse, ETL layers, and SQL desired.
- BA experience with Agile Scrum methodology required.
- Business Analyst experience in the insurance or financial industry a plus.
- Working knowledge of BABOK framework and/or CBAP certification desired.
- Familiarity using ALM requirements tools such as TFS, JIRA, a plus.
- Other certifications such as PMP, BPM, Six Sigma, Lean, a plus.
- Proficiency with MS-Office applications: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, etc, required.
- May require occasional traveling.
- Excellent written and oral skills in local language.
- Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts.
Job Posting: 02/13/2019