Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Design, develop, and deploy various Enterprise Monitoring tools and solutions. This role is to continue developing and executing the Enterprise Monitoring roadmap as we iterate through the plan. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience in the implementation and administration of Enterprise Monitoring.
- Design, develop and deploy various infrastructure and application monitoring solutions
- Develop functional procedure and system documentation as needed
- Develop dashboards for IT operations, production support, app/dev teams, as well as executives
- Analyze and identify thresholds to establish meaningful alerts
- Work with infrastructure teams to establish baseline monitoring and thresholds for core technologies
- Work with application teams to create custom alerts for critical applications
- Work with various teams to understand transactions that need to be monitored and develop solutions to meet those requirements
- Perform configuration, tuning, and troubleshooting of monitoring platform
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
- 5+ years of combined experience in Software/Systems Engineering, Business/System Analysis, Application SME role
- 6+ years in large enterprise environments
- May require occasional traveling
- Good written and oral skills in local language
- Motivated self-starter capable of working on individual tasks as well as team-oriented tasks
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and escalate as needed
- Skilled in problem solving and learning new technologies
- Application Performance Monitoring (AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc.)
- Infrastructure monitoring
- Network Monitoring
- Windows/Unix/AIX/Linux/Solaris Server, Server, Networking (Cisco), VOIP, IIS, Active Directory, SQL Server, Oracle Database, and Virtualization
Job Posting: 05/02/2019
Other Locations: United States, Texas, Austin