Farmers is in the process of transforming our technology stack to the cutting edge as we are migrating our services from enterprise on-prem solution towards scalable cloud architecture. We have also transformed our development and deployment processes to help us unify our customer experience across every interaction and deliver value to our customers quickly. The Customer Self-Service website is a central hub for the customer experience, and our team is growing!
You: You are a capable and motivated individual contributor who takes pride of ownership in your team's successful delivery. You have a passion for clean and maintainable code and work confidently with cloud platforms and tooling. And you are a collaborative innovator who strives constantly to improve your team’s processes and tools.
Essential Job Functions
In this role you would:
- Write, integrate and test resilient and scalable RESTful services deployed on cloud platforms
- Integrate with CI/CD pipeline for automating build and deploy processes
- Work with backend teams and other departments to strategize on integration
- Work with business and production support teams to propose solutions
- Apply best practices and design patterns and maintain industry standards
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 5 or more years of professional development experience in Java
- Experience creating unit-tested services using Spring boot, Spring Web and Spring cloud frameworks
- Worked on Heroku, AWS or similar cloud platforms
- Understanding of API gateway features and security frameworks
- Strong experience in server side application development
- Familiar with concurrent programming concepts
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, and comfort with some pair-programming
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- JVM Performance tuning
- Security specifications such as OAUTH, SAML, OpenID etc..
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 03/04/2019