Farmers Insurance Careers
Business Analyst II - Phoenix, AZ or Woodland Hills, CA
Requisition ID: 190001G9
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Serves as a liaison between the Business and IT to provide solution to their business needs; Understands customers’ objectives, processes, and products as well as the business systems capabilities; Supports users in building business case, including cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment, and project scope; Performs impact analysis and supports development of effort/cost estimates; Develops and documents functional specifications; Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities.
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Defines project scope; Develops functional specifications; Prepares Preliminary Systems Design document.
- Understands customers’ objectives, processes, and products in order to make educated recommendations.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports the Application Subject Matter Experts in development of estimates / validation of suppliers’ estimates.
- Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
- Drives day-to-day prioritization of work on capabilities, working with business.
Education Requirements: Bachelors degree or equivalent.
Experience Requirements: Level II: 1 year as a Business Analyst Level I or 4 years of experience in related areas.
- Experience with Agile SCRUM methodology and business analysis methodologies preferred.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to all audiences verbally and in writing.
- Basic understanding of open systems architecture including integrations with vendor packages, relational databases, message queues, web services and legacy systems.
- Experience with Guidewire suite of insurance applications preferred.
- Business domain experience in P&C Insurance preferred.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/23/2019
Other Locations: United States, California, Woodland Hills