We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Provides high level of expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands the business objectives and how best they can be supported by IT; Responsible for the conceptual design of business applications; Reviews and validates the technical design for business applications provided by the supplier; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude to implement new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, as required; Mentors lower level colleagues.
Essential Job Functions
- SME should be able to understand the scope, benefit and value of the assigned project.
- Support building business case, ROI, cost benefit analysis and delivery/ implementation plans.
- Perform impact analysis across various technical and functional components.
- Support architects in designing solutions for specific applications.
- Reviews and validated the technical design for applications to ensure alignment with business requirements.
- Should be able to validate estimates provided by suppliers
- Estimate Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) for new features/functionality or projects
- Quality checks of the deliverables by the junior SMEs and suppliers
- Monitor implementation, validation activities for release delivery
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
4 to 5 years of:
- Experience in Java/J2EE technologies and framework like Spring, JMS, SOAP/REST API, etc. for integration
- Experience in developing web applications and UI using Struts 2 , HTML , CSS , XML
- Experience in DB2 and JDBC environment
- Experience in Logging, Caching, Transaction Management, Multi-Threading/ Concurrency, Performance tuning, and monitoring aspects of the applications.
- Experience in working in IBM WebSphere & RAD environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Agile methodology, software version control, and release management.
- Knowledge of P&C insurance.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 03/04/2019