Farmers Insurance Careers
Help Desk Analyst I - Austin, TX
Requisition ID: 190001LE
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Provides phone support for business and IT customers technical problems and service requests; records problem symptoms and information for escalation of the more complex problems to higher level support; maintains knowledge of relevant products and service offerings to provide accurate solutions; acts as representative of technical services to its customers.
- Provides basic help desk support for problems and service requests related to hardware, software, network/mainframe connectivity and application support.
- Acts as representative of technical services to its customers.
- Initiates, escalates or resolves problem tickets and/ or service requests.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems, escalates to support resources.
- Facilitates closure to problem ticket/ service requests while meeting or exceeding defined service level expectations.
- Conducts timely 1st level problem determination for incidents using documented procedures, and accurately documenting the issues using the appropriate toll(s).
- Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to Service Requests through approved channels to the Help Desk in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Records problem symptoms and status information in a timely/accurate fashion using the appropriate tools in order to communicate with and properly utilize 2nd and 3rd level support resources.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant product/service offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Must be able to provide clear, concise, information through written and verbal communications.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relevant business experience or certifications.
- One year of technical experience or equivalent technical knowledge.
- Customer service experience required
- Call center environment experience highly desirable
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and Windows Operating Systems
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Understands routine business conversations and letters and is able to communicate with few errors.
- Ability to work in a structured, call center environment.
- Ability to adhere to schedule, availability and hours of the department.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/28/2019