Farmers Insurance Careers
Application Test Specialist III – Claims Financial Data Application Test Specialist
Requisition ID: 190001O8
- Develops, documents, executes, and maintains technical test Cases and test data; Utilizes testing tools, as required.
- May include Integration, System, Regression, Performance / Stress / Volume.
- Analyzes system and business requirements for testability Reports status of test plan execution through defect logs / defect tracking system.
- Ensures that acceptance criteria are met.
- Assists with resolution of environmental issues; supports application development, implementation, and user training activities, as required.
- Analyzes Test Results; assists with troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis; validates system design.
- Develops test plans, including test scenarios, test objectives, quality criteria and measurement techniques.
- Supports the Configuration / Change Management groups, as necessary, to ensure smooth transition of code through the lifecycle.
- Assists in training of other Testing Specialists.
- Oversees workflow and work distribution within testing area; coordinates activities to meet service levels.
- Validates acceptance criteria for testing phase; maintains knowledge of business unit processes / products to ensure application adheres to functional and quality requirements.
- Provides guidance on the usage of testing tool and development of test Scenario, test Objective, and test Case to Levels I and II Testing Specialists.
- Participates in depth analysis and development of new or revised standards, methodologies, and processes within Testing; develops training material, as necessary.
- Level III: 4 years of experience in various application testing capacities or 2 years as Technical Testing Specialist Level II.
- Strong understanding of mainframe application development, maintenance and testing.
- Strong understanding of data integration and ETL methodologies with Informatica Power Center.
- Strong expertise with advanced SQL on Oracle / DB2 / Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proficient in COBOL, Eztrieve, QMF/SPUFI, BETA91, CA7, ENDEAVOR or similar version control tools.
- Experience in working with multiple SI partners and an onsite-offshore model.
- Good written and oral skills on local language.
- Experience in Shell Scripting on UNIX operating systems and automation, preferred.
- Experience with reporting tools like Tableau or Business Objects is a plus.
- Financial Services / Insurance domain background, preferred.
Job Posting: 03/09/2019