Farmers Insurance Careers
Financial Data Application Developer II
Requisition ID: 190001O9
- Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components; configures packaged software; tests and implements all changes to ensure they meet specifications. Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions.
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation.
- Responds to Production Support issues.
- Works with business as required.
- Analyzes programs to ensure that they efficiently use computer and storage resources; recommends appropriate changes as necessary.
- Conducts preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs. Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling.
- Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling.
- Peer reviews and ensuring the coding standards and best practices are followed.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Experience with mainframe application development, maintenance and testing.
- Experience with COBOL, Eztrieve, CA7/Autosys/similar job scheduling tools, ENDEAVOR/similar version control tools.
- Experience with SQL and Oracle packages/procedures.
- Experience in working with multiple SI partners and an onsite-offshore model.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Shell Scripting on UNIX operating systems and automation, preferred.
- Financial Services / Insurance domain background, preferred.
Job Posting: 03/09/2019