- Create, validate, and maintain databases and files necessary for pricing indications, rate monitoring and financial forecasting.
- Understand how to collect and combine data from relevant business systems and recognize data integrity problems.
- Test, review and audit databases to ensure data quality.
- Continually strive to improve processes.
- Conduct ad-hoc studies working directly with the business to understand their questions, business processes, programs and/or initiatives, then identify how analytical solutions could help deliver value for them.
- Translate data analysis/predictive model results into viable insights and business recommendations.
- Communicate results to peers and business stakeholders.
- Draft written reports (including thorough documentation of work processes) and prepare other external/internal correspondence.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum. Functional ability of seeing, hearing, and speaking is required.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment, with occasional travel by car or airplane.
Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline.
Credit for at least 3 Casualty Actuarial Society exams and a commitment to pursue the ACAS/FCAS designation.
- At least 2 years of experience in an actuarial role or other quantitative/analytical field.
- Demonstrated computer programming aptitude, ideally with hands-on VBA and SQL experience.
- Working knowledge of statistical tools (SAS, R, Python, etc.) for data handling and model development, and experience with large data sets (1 million + records) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with GLMs or other predictive modeling techniques preferred.
- Disposition for data detective work; ability to look at data and identify patterns, problems and analysis opportunities.
- Strong data visualizations skills.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to express complicated technical concepts verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Experience working independently and with others in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to new or changing direction.
- Motivated and self-directed - will seek out answers rather than waiting to be told what to do.
Job Posting: 05/17/2019