We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Provides actuarial pricing and analytic support for all Business Insurance lines. Responsibilities include prepping quarterly pricing indications, ensuring data quality, rate monitoring and financial forecasting, as well as special analytic projects.
Essential Job Functions
Draft written reports (including thorough documentation of work processes) and prepare other external/internal correspondence.
- Create, validate, and maintain databases and files necessary for pricing indications, rate monitoring and financial forecasting.
- Understand how to collect and combine data from relevant business systems and recognize data integrity problems.
- Test, review and audit databases to ensure data quality.
- Conduct ad-hoc studies working directly with the business to understand their questions, business processes, programs and/or initiatives, then identify how analytical solutions could help deliver value for them.
- Translate data analysis/predictive model results into viable insights and business recommendations.
- Communicate results to peers and business stakeholders.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum. Functional ability of seeing, hearing, and speaking is required.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment, with occasional travel by car or airplane.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least a minor in mathematics, and passed five Casualty Actuarial Society exams. Continue educational development in related job field.
- At least 2 years of experience in an actuarial role.
- Credit for at least 3 CAS exams.
Special Skill Requirement
- Computer programming aptitude, ideally with VBA and SQL experience.
- Working knowledge of statistical tools (SAS, R, Python, etc.) for data handling and model development, and experience with large data sets (1 million + records) is strongly preferred.
- Disposition for data detective work a plus.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to express complicated technical concepts verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Experience working independently and with others in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to new or changing direction.
- Motivated and self-directed - will seek out answers rather than waiting to be told what to do.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. ]]>
Job Posting: 03/07/2019