In this role, the Business Intelligence Reporting Administrator will serve as a Sr. Subject Matter Expert and work with enterprise BI tools (ETL, Reporting and data science and analytics) across the organization with an excellent work ethic, attitude, an appetite for learning, and the motivation to discover and master new technology.
- Analyze and identify business requirements at the service level for all areas of the company, including application availability, acceptable downtime, data integrity, user support, and issue resolution
- Expert knowledge in below BI tools (ETL, Reporting and data science and analytics) including but not limited to:
- Informatica product suite
- PowerCenter, PowerExchange CDC, MFT, DT, Metadata Manager, IM, ILM (Data Archive), IDQ and DVO
- Drive automation to reduce failures, manual tasks and therefore improving overall application performance, stability, and availability
- Participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
- Diagnose any issues including errors, outages and performance bottlenecks
- Keep Standards and Procedures documentation up-to-date
- User and access management
- Implementing back-up and restore procedures for the repositories
- Install/configure and server capacity software
- Upgrading software through Fix Packs, EBF's and new versions
- Develops High Availability, Disaster recovery and failover strategies for all BI tools.
- Establishing and promoting naming conventions, development standards and best practices including revisions when new features are utilized and new versions upgraded too.
- Manage and act as primary contact for BI tools product issues are encountered and support tickets need to be opened.
- Provide support as necessary in managed code deployments facilitated by the release coordinators
- Root cause analysis coordination with product and application defects.
- Act as environment gatekeeper looking out for best interest of overall environment in terms of stability and functionality across all projects.
- Work with other IT teams on application project processes
- Monitor and tune environments such as CPU, RAM, IO and Network and make recommendations with industry best practices.
- Establish governance processes, best practice documentation and internal knowledge base for users
- Experience with installation in a Windows/Linux/UNIX servers.
- Should possess strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated personal experience of a compelling nature can be substituted for work experience in some cases.
- Co-ordination with Infrastructure teams
- Co-ordination with Development and Support team to help fix complex problems and to design complex solutions.
- Suggest and implement new ideas & best practices
- Four year degree or an equivalent combination of experience and relevant professional certifications.
- See Education requirements for years of experience required
- 5+ years of technical experience with Informatica suite of tools including PowerCenter, PowerExchange CDC, MFT, DT, Metadata Manager, IM, ILM (Data Archive), IDQ and DVO
- 3+ years of advanced experience using Administration of various products Informatica 10.x, sas 9.4, Tableau, ILM, DVO, Meta Center, Alteryx and Celonis.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
Internal Job Title: Application Sub Matter Expert III
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 03/18/2019