Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The role of the Problem Management Specialist is to ensure the effectiveness of Problem Management across Farmers. This role is to analyze the root cause of high severity incidents or repeating incidents, driving actions to ensure; a) the true root cause is identified and agreed by all parties and b) the implementation of the corrective action plan to prevent root causes from occurring again. Additional activities include continuous analysis of all incidents (Severity 3-5) to identify trends and implement proactive remediation plans aligned to business priorities to drive a reduction in the number of repeat incidents observed and improve overall business productivity.
- Maintains and manages a prioritized list of active problems under management and pipeline to inform scheduling of resources.
- Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations.
- Compiles, analyzes and reports statistical data and trends related to operational effectiveness.
- Ensures known errors databases are effectively maintained and utilized.
- Supports the Major Incident Management resolution activity through Knowledge sharing and lessons learned.
- Supports Major Change Implementations to avoid Major incidents following the change.
- Collaborates with other team members to ensure consistency of delivery, adherence to standard practices and continuous improvement
- Provides training and mentoring to functional teams to ensure that process guidelines are understood and followed.
- Collaborate closely with Service Delivery Managers to ensure corrective action plans and associated tasks are followed through and results are documented.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 2 years' experience in related field
- Experience in incident or problem management
- Excellent ITSM Process Knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- ITIL Foundations or higher (Preferred)
Internal Job Title: USFG036 -Performance Specialist II
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 03/15/2019