We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Responsible for all aspects of medium to large projects relating to business transformation and/or technology including systems integration. Plans, monitors, and reports on project and/or program status. Accountable for ensuring that project goals and objectives are accomplished within agreed timeframe and funding/budget. As a part of the project process, manages vendors to assure compliance with business requirements, project goals and objectives to include alignment of schedules where necessary. Coordinates deliverables to end users when necessary including hardware and software. Works with other Project and Program Managers to support larger or enterprise-wide initiatives. Supports Project Owners as a thought partner leveraging prior experience when appropriate to ensure success.
We are seeking candidates with 3-5 years of project management experience and 3-5 years of business experience, preferably in the financial services industry or similar corporate environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages and is accountable for the completion and follow through of assigned projects.
- Ensures all requirements are met in a timely, controlled and quality manner.
- Develops resource plans that outline the level of resources needed to complete a project.
- This includes labor roles and responsibilities, equipment (hardware, software, etc.) and materials.
- Supports pre and post release ROI analyses with appropriate resources, including the documentation and evaluation of the efficiency and effectiveness of a process, system or other change.
- Documents how the project scope will be defined, managed, controlled, verified and communicated to the project team, stakeholders and customers.
- Develops detailed project plans from inception to close-out/benefits realization that include all required resources and work with associated roles and responsibilities.
- Manages, plans and coordinates project activities to ensure goals and objectives are identified, documented and accomplished within agreed schedules and recognized constraints.
- Leads quality project meetings including providing agendas and meeting minutes.
- Develops and delivers necessary presentations including supporting documentation to all levels throughout the organization.
- Coordinates and facilitates ideation and/or elaboration workshops as well as risk mitigation planning sessions.
- Creates appropriate session outputs including tracking mechanisms to document risk mitigation strategies, key business decisions and project change requests.
- Collaborates with appropriate resources to develop and execute communication, training and organizational change management plans that support project success by identifying target audiences, content, method, training needs and frequency.
- Leverages prior project experience to act as a thought partner in this process.
- Creates transition plans which document the hand off of the project to the business to include timing, ownership transfer, and warranty follow-up.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
PMP Certification preferred but will accept commensurate experience.
External candidates should have a minimum of five years of prior business experience. The same time-on-job requirement is preferred for internal candidates. 5 years related experience in project management, idea generation and development is preferred but not required.
Special Skill Requirement
Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills. Communicates clearly and concisely with credibility and confidence. Excels in creating communication plans and correspondence that looks professional and addresses key points. Demonstrates strong presentation skills. Excellent computer skills including proficient knowledge of MS applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 03/15/2019
Other Locations: United States, Kansas, Kansas City,United States, Michigan, Grand Rapids,United States, Oklahoma, Oklahoma City,United States, Arizona, Phoenix