We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This is an exciting time to join Farmers, where we work on high-profile and high-impact cross-functional projects that are very rewarding. The ideal candidate will be a key member of the Agency Commission Calculation & Reporting Team with Lead level responsibilities across application deployment and operations.
Consider joining our team if you are passionate about Data, enjoy problem solving, and working with like-minded IT and business professionals.
Leads the Commission Calculation & Reporting application deployment and operations while applying financial data management governance policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure high quality and availability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for Commission Calculation & Reporting application (release) deployments & production support operations.
- Oversees planning, coordination, and deployment application changes to production, including quality assurance (QA).
- Interfaces with various stakeholder IT Teams to ensure the timely and high-quality deployment of release projects.
- Leads production support operations, including data load scheduling, execution, and validation.
- Facilitates production incident management, including impact and root cause analysis through resolution.
- Publishes monthly Service Level Agreement (SLA) report.
- Ensures continued strong and collaborative partnership with business stakeholders.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of IT experience in a hands-on technical role.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience supporting / leading application operations (production support).
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience supporting / leading application deployments / change management.
- Experience independently planning, leading, and overseeing multiple concurrent assignments.
- Experience planning / supporting software and hardware upgrades.
- Experience working with Mainframe with ability to read, understand, and analyze Mainframe programs/jobs .
- Experience working with SQL Server; ability to analyze SSIS packages.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Special Skill Requirement:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, quick learner, and self-starter.
- Ability to independently lead multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to articulate technical issues, root cause, and remediation plans in simple terms.
- Experience in a P&C Insurance organization, preferred.
- Experience with Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) tools/applications, preferred.
- Experience with Agile SDLC methodology, preferred.
Job Posting: 07/12/2019