Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This is an exciting time to join the Data Team in the Farmers CDO (Chief Data Officer) Organization, where we work on high-profile and high-impact cross-functional projects that are very rewarding. The ideal candidate will be a key member of the Agency Commission Calculation & Reporting Team with Lead level responsibilities across application deployment, operations, and quality assurance.
Consider joining our team if you are passionate about Data, enjoy problem solving, and working with like-minded IT and business professionals.
- Responsible for Commission Calculation & Reporting applications operations and quality assurance (QA).
- Leads the QA area to ensure effective and flexible framework and enhances existing processes and methodology.
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding agreed upon SLAs.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and communicating Production deployment readiness status and schedules.
- Responsible for production data loads, verifying completion timeliness and accuracy.
- Leads the impact analysis & resolution of production incidents while working with various impacted / supporting teams.
- Interfaces with various stakeholder IT Teams to ensure the timely and high-quality deployment of release projects and sustain the availability of the Agency Commission applications.
- Ensures continued strong and collaborative partnership with business stakeholders to understand business criticality, priority, and impact.
- Applies critical thinking to drive delivery pace, efficiency, and maximize delivery value.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of IT experience in a hands-on technical role.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience leading/overseeing business application operations; including, but not limited to application support, data load management, and/or quality assurance.
- Experience leading / supporting application deployment.
- Experience independently planning, leading, and overseeing multiple concurrent assignments.
- Experience planning/supporting software and infrastructure upgrades.
- Experience working with Mainframe; ability to read/understand/analyze Mainframe programs.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Special Skill Requirement:
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Detail oriented, quick learner, self-starter.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to independently manage multiple concurrent assignment.
- Ability to articulate technical issues, root cause, and remediation plans in layman’s terms.
- Experience in a P&C Insurance organization, preferred.
- Experience with Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) tools/applications, preferred.
- Experience with Agile SDLC methodology, preferred.
Job Posting: 04/18/2019