- Profitable growth,
- Improved competitive position,
- Use of cutting edge methods and forward thinking in development of new products,
- Maintenance of existing products with a fresh and ever-evolving point of view
- Analyzing product rate levels, segmentation and underwriting practices to maintain profitability
- Evaluating the competition: How does our product compare to others in the marketplace?
- Using knowledge of state regulatory guidelines and constraints to assure product compliance
- Maximizing product marketability by assessing product features, customer friendliness and agent quoting behavior
- Collaborating with departments outside of product management, including pricing, distribution, claims, and government affairs
Role of a Product Analyst II
- Provide thoughtful recommendations to the Product Management Team on pricing and other strategic decisions.
- Conduct complex analysis to support business decisions on the assigned product.
- Analyze competitor information to uncover industry trends.
- Query databases to conduct ad-hoc analysis on specified or varied metrics.
- Build tools to create efficiencies in every aspect of work and especially in analyzing metrics
- Prepare presentations in support of rate changes and other strategic decisions
- Aid in training and development of other Analysts team members
- College Degree required. Major in Statistics,Math, Economics, Finance or Business preferred
- Three years’ experience in similar role or graduate degree with less than 3 years’ experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data, and use reason and logic to draw conclusions
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Exposure to VBA and computer programming language preferred
Benefits and Perks
- 401K savings plan including company match
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits
- Flexible spending account (FSA) and Health Savings Account(HSA)
- Tuition reimbursement
Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function. Salary grade will be based on selected candidates' experience and skills.
Job Posting: 03/27/2019