- Analyzes and recommends revisions in rates and rating plans for assigned lines of insurance.
- Prepares rate filings which are generally of a more complex or non- routine nature.
- Represents Actuarial Department through participation in inter- departmental meetings and discussions with other Home Office departments and regional personnel.
- Assists in the training and development of professional actuarial personnel as assigned.
- Performs special actuarial projects as assigned.
- Performs actuarial analysis of loss and loss adjustment expense reserves for assigned lines of insurance.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least a minor in mathematics, and passed five Casualty Actuarial Society exams.
- Continue educational development in related job field.
- Computer programming aptitude, ideally with VBA and SQL experience.
- Working knowledge of statistical tools (SAS, R, Python, etc.) for data handling and model development, and experience with large data sets (1 million + records) is strongly preferred.
- Disposition for data detective work a plus.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to express complicated technical concepts verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Experience working independently and with others in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to new or changing direction.
- Motivated and self-directed - will seek out answers rather than waiting to be told what to do.
Job Posting: 03/19/2019