- Develops and prepares actuarial analysis of rates and rating plans for assigned lines of insurance; prepares formal recommendations concerning changes in rates and rating plans based on such analyses.
- Prepares correspondence and required exhibits in connection with regulatory filings, including necessary follow-up when such filings are questioned, challenged or otherwise not promptly approved as submitted.
- Assists in the training and development of professional actuarial personnel as assigned.
- Performs special actuarial projects as assigned.
- Performs calculations for the establishment of IBNR (incurred but not reported) loss reserves for assigned lines of insurance.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least a minor in mathematics, and passed at least two Casualty Actuarial Society exams.
- Continue educational development in related job field.
- Computer programming aptitude, ideally with VBA and SQL experience.
- Working knowledge of statistical tools (SAS, R, Python, etc.) for data handling and model development, and experience with large data sets (1 million + records) is strongly preferred.
- Disposition for data detective work a plus.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to express complicated technical concepts verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Experience working independently and with others in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to new or changing direction.
- Motivated and self-directed - will seek out answers rather than waiting to be told what to do.
Job Posting: 03/19/2019