Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
- Manages staff, including other program managers
- Plans and controls day to day project activities and budgets
- Implements IT governance; Manages customer relationships, enabling commitment
- Works with business unit to define needs and arranges appropriate resources
- Coordinates delivery of work from all suppliers for multiple projects / programs, including risk, quality, change management, schedule, and financial management
- Accountable for work development of work orders/cost estimates to/from suppliers, Acceptance Criteria and User Acceptance Testing
- Monitors and manages achievement of SLA with suppliers and ISP
- Coordinates communication, escalation, and financial impact management, when SLAs are not met.
- Provide 24x7 support to responsible application/business services, and willing to work on weekends and/or after hours
- Oversee project conflicts conducted by Farmers, Zurich and other Affiliate companies that impact the Infrastructure and Application environments.
- Function as a strong experienced technology resource for use in managing, advising, and/or participating as a representative on projects.
- Support the deployment of enterprise upgrades for the Infrastructure and Application teams that impacts Farmers, Zurich and other Affiliate companies.
- Drive Collaborative projects with teams composed of various technologists from ideation through implementation.
- Leverage past experiences to create “best practices” and “innovative standards”.
- Develop strategy to improve customer experience, decrease costs and shorten implementation times that are associated with Global efforts.
- Communicate to the senior management and the general organization on the support efforts of project related items by keeping the organization aware of Incidents that are the result of Affiliate related support items.
- Monitors and ensures that Critical Success Factors (CSF), Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are met by suppliers.
- Works with stakeholders from other support groups, development teams, infrastructure teams and business contacts for production issues and implementations.
- Effectively handles production incidents/outages. This includes timely and critical communications to relevant stakeholders.
- Maintains detailed documentation including root cause for all incidents. Identifies recurring patterns and takes actions for permanent and preventive solutions.
- Oversees and participates in transition management related tasks for key initiatives.
- Produces high quality presentations, Project Plans, Scorecards and implementation plans. Present them to IT/Business stakeholders, and measure the success of continuous improvement
- Communicate effectively and clearly through written and verbal communication skills.
- Supports ITIL processes and makes sure to enforce and abide by them (Change, Incident, Problem).
- Identifies opportunities and implement automations from manual processes and improve Operational efficiency.
- Leverage Enterprise monitoring tools to prevent production issues, and further address gaps in monitoring by defining new monitoring requirements.
- Utilize soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal.
- Reviews Liaisons with the Application Architecture team, ISP, third parties, as necessary Performs as the team lead / supervisor, where assigned
- Is responsible for the delivery of large scale projects to the business including risk, quality, and change management, system dependency touch points, schedule and financial management
- High attention to details.
- Monitors and manages achievement of SLAs with suppliers and ISP, as they pertain to his/her respective area(s)
- Coordinates communication, escalation, and financial impact management, when SLAs are not met
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 4 Years’ experience in an IT environment supporting production or related field.
- Should possess strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Support experience with Salesforce, Guidewire platform is a plus.
- Experience/Knowledge on Telecommunications systems is a plus.
- Support experience in Customer Service and Call center operations is a plus.
- PMP and/or ITIL certification is a plus.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 04/22/2019