- Entry level APD Specialist who either completes in-person or virtual inspections and prepares estimates, or proactively reviews and adjusts estimates from repair shops, either Direct Repair or non-Direct repair, and subrogation demands from other carriers.
- Establishes damages and negotiates settlement of claims with repair facilities and/or customers and works with them to manage repairs and rental.
- Reviews and resolves supplements.
- Confirms accuracy of Total Loss evaluations and negotiates settlement with customers or their representative.
- Communicates and collaborates with Claim Owners to facilitate claim resolution for customers.
- May be assigned as a Claim Owner on Tier 1 claims.
- Completes vehicle inspections and prepares estimate or reviews and adjusts estimates from repair facilities and subrogation demands using claims estimating software and determines claims related damage.
- Establishes damages and negotiates settlement of claims with repair facilities or other carriers.
- Manages repair process and adjusts auto repair supplements and manages rental.
- Confirms accuracy of total loss evaluation, explains the process and settles total loss claims when appropriate.
- Obtains total loss salvage release from policyholder or claimant and completes field clearing note before assigning to Salvage department, mitigating additional salvage storage costs.
- Interacts/collaborates directly with policyholders, claimants, agents, and other representatives including repair facilities.
- Explains damages and the repair process, and sets expectations.
- Effectively collaborates with claim owners for customer interaction and resolution strategy.
- Appropriate communication with all entities associated with the claim to ensure the repairs are completed efficiently. This includes parts availability and appropriate repair scheduling.
- Confirms, explains, and applies coverage, assists with rental management, determines and reports on subrogation potential, fraud indicators, negotiates and issues claim payments.
- Performs applicable administrative tasks (timekeeping, expense reports).
- Completes assigned training and activities to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities required to complete the job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Basic negotiating skills.
- Basic interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Automotive repair knowledge preferred.
- Basic conflict resolution skills.
- Basic critical thinking skills.
- Actively pursuing I-CAR Platinum designation and technical learning - Preferred
Job Posting: 05/30/2019
Other Locations: United States, South Dakota,United States, South Dakota, Virtual