We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The IT Infrastructure Program Manager is responsible for the execution and delivery of large scale IT projects with a high degree of complexity and customer impact. Responsibilities include defining project scope, goals, objectives and deliverables; gathering, analyzing and managing requirements; and effectively communicating project statuses to team members, stakeholders and executives. Candidate must possess excellent communication and documentation skills as they will work closely with project teams and stakeholders to ensure completion of projects.
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of small, medium, or large-scale IT Projects from inception through production delivery; may include managing multiple projects concurrently and drives them to successful completion
- Collaborates with management, IT teams, business teams, engineers, financial, and vendor/contract resources to determine the project scope, cost estimates, resource requirements, and schedule to develop the project plan and budget
- Develop, manage, track, and maintain the project plan: team member tasks, broader team communications, risks, issues, schedule, financials, project conflicts, and overall quality project delivery through all project phases
- Produces regular status reports and facilitates recurring status meetings
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure technologies
- Manages small scale or sub-projects on a local basis and/or local aspect of a multi-functional project; Facilitates issue resolution
- Coordinates supplier's activities and is accountable for work request evaluation and authorization, development and submission of work orders, as well as review of cost estimates from suppliers, where applicable. Is accountable for Acceptance Criteria and execution of Acceptance Testing at project level Is responsible for project level planning, monitoring and reporting on project performance at local and global levels Signs off on project deliverables
- Performs other functions as assigned
- Support hardware/software refresh some evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- Professional certifications are preferred.
- 5+ years IT infrastructure project experience.
- Familiarity with infrastructure concepts and architectures surrounding private/public/hybrid cloud including virtualization, converged / hyper-converged architectures, high availability, disaster recovery, automation, and orchestration - a definite plus.
- Candidate must have 4+ years of experience managing IT projects
- Candidate must have a strong technical background in OS (Wintel or Linux) and a solid working knowledge of other IT systems such as storage, database, and security software. Previous experience as a Wintel/Unix/Storage or VMware admin a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to make a plan, stick to the plan, track to the plan, and recognize when it may be time to re-plan.
- Experience with IT projects such as DC relocation, managing security patching projects, OS refresh and hardware refresh projects.
- IT experience using and coordinating change utilizing change management systems and CMDB systems
- IT experience with physical to virtual migrations
- IT experience with various storage solutions
- IT experience with capacity management and software licensing
- Experience managing projects experiencing frequent / large scale changes
- Demonstrated skills identifying key aspects of project performance and status reporting
- Demonstrated Issue & Risk Management skills
- Effective facilitation skills.
- Experience in multiple software development methodologies, SDLCs and familiarizes with key phases and purpose to drive planning, risk management, etc.
- May require occasional travel
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 07/26/2019