Farmers Insurance, Enterprise Digital Marketing
TITLE: Managing Editor, Digital Marketing
What We Do
The Digital Content Marketing team is responsible for driving continued excellence of the Farmers Insurance website and mobile products. As our major digital marketing platforms, these experiences are critical to our success, as they serve a variety of important roles – from education and entertainment, to conversions and customer self-service, as well as driving business for Farmers insurance agents.
What You’ll Do
If you’re a storyteller who’s adept at running a premium content operation, or a digital editor seeking the transition to brand journalism, you’d be a great fit.
The Managing Editor, Digital manages the production and publication of digital content for a Fortune 250 brand destination, Farmers.com. This role sits within the Digital Content team. The ideal candidate brings a strong editorial background to project management, the AEM content management system and vendor partnerships.
- Serve as Digital Content’s main point of contact for internal partners —Brand, Sponsorship, Life Insurance, etc. Devise engaging content strategies to bring their products to life.
- Implement cross-linking, metadata and other enhancements recommended by SEO counterparts.
- Commission content to freelancers; usher through legal approval. Copyedit content as part of the publication process.
- Project manage asset production for traffic-driving paid media campaigns. Liaise with media agency partners to watch traffic performance and swap in fresh creative.
- Work with internal teams to create fresh, compelling content for email campaigns.
- Own production of content in AEM content management system (Adobe Experience Manager). Input content directly into content management system, in partnership with AEM specialists, to publish and improve journalistc and marketing content to educate and entertain target audience.
- Collaborate with digital project managers to represent an editorial POV on website enhancements.
- Create PowerPoint presentations and present content initiatives to internal stakeholders. Pull performance results from Google Analytics dashboards, and build a compelling data-driven story evangelizing content marketing to internal stakeholders.
- Act as the main point of contact for the Farmers.com Product Manager on AEM template enhancements and new page builds.
- Provide basic content management system training to marketing teammates.
- Audit and troubleshoot web content by identifying low-performing pages in Google Analytics.
What You Bring
8-10 years of experience leading creative execution of editorial content for a premium brand or digital media property.
Proven success owning a successful editorial operation from end to end, and mastery of adopting a brand's engaging editorial voice.
Professional experience managing content revision process, such as: providing a creative brief for direction, sending a contributor revision notes, working collaboratively to a polished final creative asset (article/video/etc.).
Content management system experience. AEM experience is a plus.
Jedi-level project management skills with experience influencing cross-functional teams. You’re an efficient time manager who ensures the smooth flow of assignments and deliverables as a team player in a highly collaborative environment.
Insurance expertise is not required. Our team comes from diverse editorial backgrounds.
Competitive salary, annual bonus, benefits and vacation package.
This is a full-time position located in Farmers Woodland Hills headquarters. To apply, applicants must submit 5-10 professional samples along with resume.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Farmers Insurance is one of the 100 best companies to work for, according to Fortune magazine and “Great Place to Work” (Feb. 2019). Here, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world-class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States. If you want to make a positive impact on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you.