Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Works under the direction of IT Program Manager and is a member of the Infrastructure Operations and Application Team that supports Change Management, Incident Management, Non-production Environment Management, infrastructure implementations, infrastructure upgrades, and Application Support.
- Independently works or works with a team on assigned implementations/projects.
- Works on Production outages and single user incidents.
- Develops applicable documentation such as project plans, implementation plans, and impact analysis.
- Reviews server logs, performs analysis, and troubleshoots issues
- Works with stakeholders from other support groups, development teams, infrastructure teams.
- Will learn and provide support on the release migration process for Non-Production and Production environments.
- Provides testing recommendations for assigned projects and implementations.
- Supports ITIL processes and makes sure to enforce and abide by them (Change, Incident, Problem Management, etc.)
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- 3+ years’ experience in Production Support or Development environment supporting Distributed and Mainframe technologies. Pega knowledge is a big plus.
- 2+ years’ experience working knowledge of Dynatrace products (i.e. Appmon, DCRUM), TeaLeaf, Splunk, SharePoint, GitHub, and ServiceNow.
- Must have high proficiency with the following software products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, and Visio.
- Microsoft suite
- IT experience in policy administration application for Property & Casualty Insurance is a big plus.
- Must have the ability to apply quantitative data analysis techniques to improve processes, and ability to interpret data in a business framework (trends, opportunities, action items), present data, and provide analyses and insights to Farmers management.
- Must have excellent time management skills to handle multiple assignments and competing priorities.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies, testing, automation & continuous integration is highly desirable.
- Must have strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 04/04/2019