- Manages and leads teams within multi site locations to ensure success in delivering quality claims outcomes.
- Collaborates as a subject matter expert at an enterprise level with executive and cross functional leaders to develop, implement, and direct strategic initiatives and complex projects with enterprise impact to achieve line of business and/or organizational goals.
- Leads high level efforts with increased complexity such as high value/low limit claims to ensure team has appropriate plans in place for staffing, workflow, quality assurance, reporting, operational planning, compensation, budget oversight, employee security, succession planning, training and required tools/equipment to deliver quality claims outcomes.
- Builds and maintains an appropriate internal and external network to facilitate collaboration within claims and across the enterprise.
- Interacts regularly with senior claims and enterprise leadership on claims strategy and operational outcomes through regular meetings, projects or by presenting material specific to their operation.
- Oversees and directs the change strategy for the department, including implementing and communicating change to improve adoption and maintain positive employee engagement.
- Leads and takes ownership shaping of line of business strategy, and the formulation and periodic revision of operational objectives.
- Leverages internal and external resources from Underwriting, Product, Actuarial, Distribution, Consultants, industry conferences etc.) to support the business in understanding the competitive landscape and identifying new strategic opportunities for Farmers to provide innovative claims solutions to our customers.
- Works within the team as a key thought partner for the claims organization.
- Fosters an inclusive work environment where behaviors lead to positive operational outcomes.
- Translates claims strategy with feedback and collaboration with senior leadership.
- Provides day-to-day guidance ensuring that direction is consistent and supports the overall objectives of the claims organization.
- Monitors and evaluates timely progress toward delivery of claims objectives.
- Collaborates with employees to determine business impact of changes and new technologies.
- Provides overall operation support including approval of payments, extensions of authority including team and individual, coverage analysis, policy interpretation, litigation management and subrogation identification.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, practices, standards and procedures that govern and ensure best practices for the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity, while assessing business opportunities that present both unknown opportunities and challenges to the business, as well as leading and inspiring others through change.
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents.
- Partners successfully with cross functional technical and business teams (Finance, IT, Operations, Marketing) to establish project objectives, action plans and timelines. Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze business trends and understand upstream and downstream impacts.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with high organizational visibility in order to meet goals and deliver quality claims outcomes.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to consult with and influence senior leaders, business partners and team members through clear communications.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and meet MVR requirements.
Job Posting: 04/22/2019
Other Locations: United States, Montana,United States, Washington,United States, Idaho