We are Farmers!
Want to work at a company who aspires to make state of the art technology central to business? Ready to play your part in a team that is skilled, knowledgeable and agile? Looking for that rare combination: the spirit and excitement of a startup with solid financial results? Appreciate an environment where your opinions and contributions are highly valued?
We hire with purpose. We provide you with a place to grow, a place to build a career, and a place where everyone is part of the team. At Farmers, you will have the opportunity to work on today’s most innovative projects in web and mobile solutions. We recognize that our success results from the success of our employees, and we strive to create an environment that challenges and nurtures talent.
Farmers is seeking a seasoned full-stack web engineer (Java) to contribute to the development of the next generation of our customer web experience. As part of an Agile team, the senior developer in this role will be responsible for the design, development, and unit testing of RESTful API services built primarily on Java Springboot. You will also actively collaborate with Business and other IT stakeholders to anticipate emergent needs and support business agility.
We are looking for capable and motivated individual contributor who takes pride of ownership in the team's successful delivery. The candidate should have a passion for clean and maintainable code. And be a collaborative innovator who strives constantly to improve your team’s processes and tools.
Essential Job Functions
- Play a central role in creating a world-class digital offering and supporting the overall customer experience at Farmers
- Live and breathe our coding culture around testable, high-quality code and peer code review
- Identify ways to improve design and development processes across teams as Farmers continues its Agile transformation
- Work effectively with development and testing teammates as well as other teams
- Review business requirements/functional specifications and provide guidance on proposed technology solutions, including integrated systems
- Support continuous improvement of our integration and deployment pipelines
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
- Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
5 years of experience in Java Development
Special Skill Requirement
- 5+ years of professional development experience, with at last 3 years in a senior role
- 3 years of Java REST Framework Programming, preferably Spring or Spring Boot
- 3 years’ experience with Git or similar version control
- Web application performance analysis and tuning
- Deep understanding of data design and systems integration
- Strong technical leadership and communication skills
- SDLC experience in planning, creating, testing, and deployment
- Version Control using Git, GitHub
- Modern build automation tools
- Cloud development experience
- Experience in systems analysis, modular design and creating APIs
- Salesforce platform (Force.com, VisualForce)
- HTML5, CSS3, SCSS
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 04/15/2019