Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine among the top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
We are looking for customer service focused individuals to build a rewarding long-term career with us as a Field Property Claims Adjuster!
The ideal candidate for this position will live in the North Hollywood or close surrounding area.
If you are looking for the following in your next career move:
- Paid training through the award winning and industry leading University of Farmers.
- Flexibility and independence to work outside the confines of a desk job.
- Total Rewards benefits package, 401K, and a competitive starting salary.
- Rapid growth potential and management opportunities for success-oriented people through education, mentorship programs, and inspirational leadership at a company you can be proud of.
Then Farmers Insurance is the place for you!
Our Field Property Claims Adjusters will:
- Conduct field based investigations by visiting policyholders' homes to investigate property damage.
- Use claims handling software, a company car and laptop to determine claims related damage and write estimates in a paperless environment
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Use strong customer service skills to negotiate with policyholders to settle the claim.
If you have the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn about insurance policies and property damage from the inside out to identify how coverage applies to a particular loss.
- Outgoing personality that would enjoy interacting with a wide variety of people including policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, and fraud investigators.
- Valid driver's license. Final candidates will also be subject to a Motor Vehicle Record background check, because the position may include a company vehicle.
Candidates must be willing and able to:
- Travel to other geographic regions to offer claims support in the event of a catastrophe. Employees assigned to the Catastrophe team will be required to travel away from their residence for a specified period of time, usually consisting of 23 days.
- Inspect roofs and small, confined spaces that have been damaged.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English)
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: Uncontrolled outside environmental conditions Excessive noise levels Chemicals Chemical/Biological conditions Moving mechanical parts Areas considered dangerous Conditions which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Customer service experience, preferably in a retail environment.
Construction or Insurance experience highly desirable and preferred.
Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function.
Must achieve minimum passing score on all claims training exams.
Bilingual (Spanish and English) candidates will be eligible to earn additional multilingual pay!
Special Skill Requirement
Excellent communication skills â both written and oral
Computer skills - MS Word, Excel, Outlook
Proficiency with smartphones and applications
Valid driver's license
Job Posting: 05/03/2019