We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Develops reports and delivers adhoc data requests. Serves as a liaison between the Business and IT to provide solution to their business needs; Understands customers’ objectives, processes, and products as well as the business systems capabilities; Performs impact analysis of making changes to application systems and supports development of effort/cost estimates; Develops and documents functional specifications; Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities.
Starting salary: $60,000+ based on experience
Essential Job Functions
- Develops reports using ReportNet platform and from scratch using web technologies.
- Executes report runs manually as necessary.
- Performs queries against Oracle databases.
- Delivers adhoc data requests in Excel and Access formats.
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Defines project scope; Develops functional specifications; Prepares Preliminary Systems Design document.
- Understands customers’ objectives, processes, and products in order to make educated recommendations.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports the Application Subject Matter Experts in development of estimates / validation of suppliers’ estimates.
- Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Additional tasks not reflected in the position profiles can be integrated in the performance management.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Background in Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Computer Information Systems, Big Data, Information Systems or IT.
Experience in SQL and Info Path or a similar platform.
Special Skill Requirement
Alteryx and Tableau are preferred but not required.
Excellent communication skills. Must have strong technical aptitude.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 04/15/2019