We will provide you with a place to grow, a place to build a career, and a place where everyone is part of the team. At Farmers, you will have the opportunity to work on today's most innovative projects in ETL solutions. We recognize that our success results from the success of our employees, and we strive to create an environment that challenges and nurtures talent.
Farmers is looking for an Informatica ETL Subject Matter Expert and Support Analyst with a knowledge of design, development and testing of ETL systems and an aptitude to support and optimize existing Data Warehouse and related applications. The right candidate will work on supporting a complex landscape of Data Applications, identification and analysis of optimization opportunities, design and development of solution options. Role also involves leading supplier partners and liaising with business and IT partners to deliver successful outcomes.
Essential Job Functions
- Understand the source systems, applications and conduct the data profiling.
- Support production data sets, Informatica jobs and applications to meet business SLA's.
- Provide subject matter expertise and knowledge guidance to end user stakeholders.
- Identify, build and deploy optimization and automation opportunities.
- Convert Business Requirements into Technical Requirements and Design.
- Assist and resolve production issues.
- Create Informatica Mappings, Workflows and Sessions.
- Perform audit, balance and checks for data loads.
- Governance and audit of supplier partner deliverables and production implementations.
- Co-ordinate Data Modeling of Sources and Targets.
- Provide Support for QA/UA Testing.
- Review and validate the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates.
- Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- 2+ Years of experience on Informatica ETL development.
- 1+ Years of experience on Informatica ETL Production support.
- Experience understanding of data warehousing concepts - Star schema/Snowflake schema, Type I/Type II dimensions, etc.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Unix Shell scripting.
Special Skill Requirement
- May require occasional traveling.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Business Objects a plus.
- Tableau a plus.
- IBM DB2 a plus.
- Flexible and adaptable, regularly adjusting direction and vision based on feedback from multiple sources, including customers, and internal staff.
- Collaborative mind set to work with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work through a formal system development lifecycle.
- Comfortable working in both co-located and large scale distributed environments using Agile methodologies and techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions.
(HR Title: Application SME I)
Job Posting: 05/15/2019