We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
We are passionate about quickly delivering awesome products for our customers through highly effective CI/CD pipelines. Farmers needs a self-starter system engineer with a DevOps mentality. In this role, you will join the Marketing IT team in building, maintaining, measuring, and constantly improving our delivery effectiveness.
At Farmers, we develop software in a fast-paced environment utilizing SAFe methodology. Our engineers have extensive experience in their areas, are life-long learners, and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You'll work closely with our entire systems and agile teams in a concerted effort to increase Farmers pace and efficiency.
Essential Job Functions
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical Customer facing business applications.
- In line with DevOps culture, fully support applications from ideation to production.
- Design and implement automation CI/CD pipeline working with tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker, and Splunk.
- Participate in the SAFe planning (big room and sprints)
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to ship code, maintain infrastructure environments, and configurations.
- Leverage best tools to allow others to be more productive and our applications at top performance.
- Build, deploy, monitor and troubleshoot as needed.
- Be vigilant and aware of security in our daily activities and align closely with our enterprise security team.
- Collect and use metrics to drive â continuous improvement of engineering practices.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting DevOps best
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Node.js or Bash
- Experience with AWS a plus
- Experience with firewalls, routing, switching, load balancers, security and DNS plus
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages
- Experience with metrics and monitoring
- Experience with additional tools such as MySQL, Groovy, Gradle or Maven
- 2+ years' experience working in an agile DevOps environment
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 04/21/2019