We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Prepares and maintains financial records, statements and reports for assigned companies; analyzes and interprets accounting records; researches complex accounting issues and errors providing solutions; prepares various internal management and external regulatory reports as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and analyze financial statements, various reports and financial records for assigned books of business or companies.
• Reviews, tests, and validates accounting impact from system changes and researches accounting issues providing recommendations.
• Provide and control deviation analysis reports for balance sheet and operating results.
• Provides business unit, state and actuarial support as assigned.
• Prepares reports and statements for various state and regulatory filings.
• Reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts. Identifies adjustments, corrective action, and prepares documentation in support of the reconciliation.
• Assigned miscellaneous special projects and other duties.
• Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred in Accounting, Finance or related field.
Minimum of 2 years of prior Accounting or Finance experience.
Special Skill Requirement
Proficiency using MS Office products
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 06/12/2019