We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The Programmer Analyst role will be part of the Rotational Development Program. This is a one-year rotational program for graduating college seniors, and is designed as an accelerated path toward mastering the primary roles in software development. This program is an excellent opportunity to learn first-hand the ins-and-outs of software delivery and explore the various roles and activities involved in IT at a large and dynamic company. Employees in the program not only have the opportunity to explore different facets of the organization, but also develop a strong foundation that prepares them for a successful career in IT.
Rotation Program Hires will rotate through three four-month positions during the year long program. Placement areas in the rotation program consist of Solution Design, Design Engineering (programming) and Quality Assurance. If you have the desire to explore the software development world, excel as a leader and contribute to the growth and culture of Farmers, you may be the ideal candidate for the newly created PLPD Rotational Development Program.
What we looks for:
Successful candidates should come with a strong academic foundation in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics background and possess/be:
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Effective communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, on campus, and/or within the community
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational, time management and decision-making skills
- Self-Starter and proactive with the ability to work independently or in a team
- Naturally intellectually curious
- Flexibility to adapt to business changes as the need arises
- Highly motivated, results-oriented individuals who love fast-paced environments
Rotation Program Job Functions:
- Perform impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system
- Develop functional specifications; Prepare Preliminary System Design documents
Design Engineering (programming)
- Code instructions for computer programs/objects/components
- Configure packaged software
Quality Assurance & Automation
- Validate system design, develops test plans, including test scenarios, test objectives, quality criteria and measurement techniques
- Utilize testing tools, as required; May include Integration, System, Regression, Performance/Stress/Volume testing tools
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.