Assists in development of project budget, allocation of IT costs to projects, and preparation of financial reports; validates invoices against agreed upon contracts, ensures proper authorization and transactional support, and processes payments; follows internal control procedures and provides support for financial audits; maintains knowledge of corporate accounting policies and standards.
- Assists in development of the annual budget(s) using controlling tools.
- Supports preparation of financial reports, including research & analysis of Actual and Forecast variances
- Assist in allocation of IT costs to the business units for IT services and prepares reports, as required
- Prepares variance reports (metrics and expenses) for billing between IT units
- Validates invoices against agreed upon contracts; processes payments
- Maintains knowledge of corporate accounting policies & standards; ensures proper authorization and transactional support (contracts, invoices, etc.), adhering to all published schedules
- Provides support for financial audits ; liases with Group IT Finance to synchronize planning, processes, and schedules
- Oversees preparation of the monthly actual and forecast reports across multiple business units; reviews the annual GIT budget, with supporting schedules and variance explanations
- Monitors expenditures for all business units; ensures costs stay within budget; communicates with Business towards successful resolution of issues; implements effective internal controls
- Works with Group Finance, Treasury & Tax to minimize risks; recommends solutions as, required Provides financial consultancy on projects (price model, business case, tax considerations, etc.)
- Proactively presents financial analysis to business management to ensure a full understanding of the financial position and expenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required with 5 years' experience in accounting or finance.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5 years' experience in accounting or finance
- Understanding of project life cycle flows
- IT Finance prior experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience project financial tracking
- Knowledge of SAP
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 05/09/2019