- Commercial Insurance Program Manager is accountable for overseeing Farmers Managing General Agent (MGA) & Fronting business unit.
- Specific responsibilities include developing a pipeline of new MGA opportunities that align with our defined MGA strategy, successfully converting those pipeline opportunities into new business within the portfolio, servicing existing MGA programs and retaining renewal programs.
- Accountable for the growth and profitability of the program business unit measured by new deal growth, overall count retention, loss ratio and net income.
- This role will work closely with Claims, Actuarial and Product to ensure the profitable growth of the Commercial business unit.
- Responsible for creating the operations of the department and aligning internal resources to support new and maintain existing program business.
- This would include working with Legal to develop program contracts, ensuring proper compliance requirements are met, aligning Actuarial resources to analyze profitability of programs, working with Underwriting to determine appropriate deal structure and creating operational support for enforcement of program.
- Build a pipeline of new MGA/Fronting opportunities that would support our efforts to profitably grow the Commercial business unit. This would be accomplished by developing relationships with key Brokers and Reinsurers that specialize in this business. Also attending MGA specific conferences and trade association events. Directly accountable for developing internal and external proposals for new MGA business.
- They will be measured on how many new deals they acquire within the calendar year relative to their stated performance objective. Responsible for the retention and profitability of acquired MGA programs.
- This will be measured by program count retention, loss ratio and overall net income associated with their business unit. Will also ensure proper servicing of program renewals including overseeing compliance, claim and underwriting audits.
- In addition to coaching, developing and performance management of the team, also monitors aspects of team to ensure employees are meeting assigned objectives and charged with holding team accountable to expectations that achieve organizational goals by assessing employee performance results on an ongoing basis. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Posting: 05/14/2019
Other Locations: United States, Connecticut, Hartford,United States, District of Columbia, Washington,United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia,United States, New York, New York