- Manages and coordinates the monthly preparation, analysis and release of the monthly forecast for the Farmers Property and Casualty group of companies
- Delivers monthly forecast summary to executive management and participates in the monthly forecast briefing session with finance senior leadership
- Maintains the Farmers corporate level planning and forecasting model, which includes up to five years. Actively drives the development of the 5 year plan for key cross-sections of the Farmers Group of Companies and prepares summaries related to the 5 year plan.
- Manages the consolidation of the state plans and the reconciliation to the corporate plan. Ensures the plan is properly reflected in all systems to ensure data integrity and consistency between SAP (ERP system) and BW/EPM (Planning/Forecasting system). Ensures that variances are reconciled and corrected.
- Strives to understand key operational metrics and trends by working closely with all Farmers business units and provides timely, accurate, and meaningful analysis and recommendations. Provides timely, accurate, and meaningful analysis of variances between actuals and forecast, plan, and prior year.
- Develops timely and clear communications with various functions on forecast and planning activities, timetables, instructions and procedures. Ensures that the plan and forecasts are developed in accordance with these instructions and procedures.
- Prepares various ad-hoc planning and forecasting scenarios and analysis in preparation for setting Company goals
- Serves as the primarily liaison with Zurich Bermuda and the Farmers Reinsurance team to develop Plan submissions
- Assist with other projects and initiatives as needed
- Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and a willingness to look beyond surface requirements.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with people at all levels and manage competing demands.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes in a fast paced environment
- Identifies improvement opportunities that drive efficiencies and improve accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to understand the big picture
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- SAP and BPC experience a plus
Job Posting: 06/10/2019