- Support the management and monitoring of a fully outsourced multi-asset manager platform, including working with the managers to implement the strategy, maintaining investment guidelines, coordinating asset managers' reviews and providing ad-hoc analysis.
- Support analyses of investment opportunities, analyzing their impact on risk and returns, accounting results, regulatory capital requirements and liquidity needs.
- Apply and leverage internal systems to assess, track and monitor investment exposures and risk.
- In collaboration with other Farmers teams (e.g. Accounting, Treasury, Tax), facilitate and improve investment operations and cash management.
- Support accounting processes (e.g. Other Than Temporary Impairments (OTTI), investment income and expense planning processes), internal controls and other compliance functions through planning, review, documentation, and reporting.
- Contribute to committee communication packages, as well as other presentations to senior management and/or other Farmers constituencies.
- Five years or more within an insurance investment department, asset management firm, or finance/banking institution with preference for background as investment analyst, financial/securities analyst, economist, investment strategist, or risk analyst.
- Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities with applications in investment research and/or portfolio management
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop relationships and communicate with internal and external parties
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite, Bloomberg or other portfolio management tools
- High integrity team player
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity, and self-starter
Job Posting: 05/20/2019