We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The purpose of this position is to lead Operational Excellence transformation and a continuous improvement within assigned business unit(s). This will include developing business unit(s)' strategy, maturing business unit(s)' operational excellence capabilities, and delivering on the portfolio of high impact cross functional improvement initiatives. At an enterprise level, this position supports the continuous refinement of the Farmers Operational Excellence framework. This includes oversight of learning and development programs, best practice efforts with the broader global team / across industries, and successful deployment of business practices that improve Farmers' operational efficiency and effectiveness while improving customer and agent experience. This position also supports execution of the enterprise strategy, leading enterprise-wide strategic initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as a trusted advisor and consultative partner to the Senior Leadership Team of the assigned business unit(s). Responsible for Operational Excellence transformation and creating a culture of continuous improvement/innovation. Responsible for defining, planning and executing the business unit(s)' operational excellence strategy - inclusive of roadmap, sustainability strategy, day to day deployment management and program portfolio oversight.
- Identify, implement, and lead continuous improvement efforts within assigned business units using a systematic and prioritized approach. Consults with business leaders to identify and prioritize organizational problems / opportunities. Responsible for successful execution of Operational Excellence/Continuous Improvement portfolio aligned with the business unit(s)' strategy. Lead Lean Six Sigma Practitioners (Yellow, Green, Black Belt) and Project Teams in delivering operational efficiency and business performance targets.
- Contributes significantly to the ongoing development and refinement of the enterprise Operational Excellence program inclusive of continuous improvement deployment and sustainability models. Designs and develops programs and practices to utilize across the enterprise such as Lean for Leaders - Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement program for executives. As an executive coach, drive awareness and adoption of an enterprise framework that champions a culture of continuous improvement, process execution excellence and agility.
- Enterprise Strategic Execution - leads strategic cross-functional initiatives at the enterprise wide. Deliver on enterprise-wide goals for process simplification, operational efficiency savings, improved customer and agent experience.
- Liaison to the Zurich Global Operational Excellence program for assigned workgroups (e.g. Lean for Leaders, Process Automation, etc.). Acts as the voice of Farmers in this role, ensuring global standards, learning content and project framework support Farmers' operational and customer requirements.
- Stays abreast of new marketplace changes, technology changes, and best practices to enhance the Farmers Operational Excellence toolkit therefore teaching employees to become more effective.
Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred. Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt required. Other Operational Excellence Frameworks - Design Thinking, Customer Journey Mapping, Lean Management System, Toyota Way, Agile, Process Automation preferred. PMP or Adkar Certification preferred.
Minimum ten years of program management and operational excellence (Lean Six Sigma, TQM, Continuous Improvement) experience,
At least 3 years as a Master Black Belt.
Five or more years in a leadership role with proven success implementing enterprise programs for business transformation and Lean deployment / sustainability.
Three or more years designing and delivering Operational Excellence learning/training programs with Executive coaching experience.
Three or more years of consulting experience in business / operational transformation and Lean Six Sigma.
1-3 years previous experience as an operations leader.
Special Skill Requirement
This role requires seasonal travel that may be up to 50-75% of the time.