Farmers Insurance is one of the nation's top insurers and providers of financial services. Our Farmers Engineering team focuses on agile delivery and engineering best practices to deliver web and mobile solutions to our customers and to internal users. We are growing our mobile team to support more mobile applications within the Farmers Group. A career at Farmers Insurance offers compelling ways of delivering something that is not only impactful for the organization but also for our customers.
We have assembled an initial team of top-notch tech and product individuals to work on an exciting mobile project that has a potential to disrupt the insurance industry.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and support Farmers customer facing mobile application (written in Swift).
- Develop in-house applications.
- Conduct code reviews as part of our Git Workflow.
- Leverage best practices from industry in influencing and driving technical and operational improvements.
- Analyze and present the technical tradeoff between solutions e.g. CPU/GPU rendering, caching policies etc.
- Make recommendations on code and architectural changes and conduct cost/benefit analysis of potential improvements.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Experience in developing iOS apps using Swift
- Experience writing unit tests and UI tests
- Experience in performing code and design (architectural and UI) review
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to deal with ambiguity
- Good understanding of issue management systems, project management, and version control (especially git) and standard development tools (eg. linting, unit testing, etc.)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to collaborate and brainstorm with colleagues
- Plus: Work with internal CocoaPods
- Plus: TDD experience
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.