- Profitable growth,
- Improved competitive position,
- Use of cutting edge methods and forward thinking in development of new products,
- Maintenance of existing products with a fresh and ever-evolving point of view
- Analyzing product rate levels, segmentation and underwriting practices to maintain profitability
- Evaluating the competition: How does our product compare to others in the marketplace?
- Using knowledge of state regulatory guidelines and constraints to assure product compliance
- Maximizing product marketability by assessing product features, customer friendliness and agent quoting behavior
- Collaborating with departments outside of product management, including pricing, distribution, claims, and government affairs
Role of a Product Analyst II
- Provide thoughtful recommendations to the Product Management Team on pricing and other strategic decisions.
- Conduct complex analyses to support business decisions on the assigned product.
- Analyze competitor information to uncover industry trends.
- Query databases to conduct ad-hoc analyses on specified or varied metrics.
- Build tools to create efficiencies in every aspect of work and especially in analyzing metrics
- Prepare presentations in support of rate changes and other strategic decisions
- Aid in training and development of other Analysts team members
- College Degree required. Major in Statistics, Math, Economics, Finance or Business preferred.
- Three years' experience in similar role or graduate degree with less than 3 years' experience.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office - Excel and Access preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data, and use reason and logic to draw conclusions.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Exposure to VBA and computer programming language preferred.
- Ability to tailor and communicate a message effectively for different audiences.
- Attention to detail.
Benefits and Perks
- 401K savings plan including company match
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits
- Flexible spending account (FSA) and Health Savings Account(HSA)
- Tuition reimbursement
Job Posting: 06/17/2019