Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Deliver world-class white glove support to onsite and remote executives in a courteous professional manner. Develop solid relationships and demonstrate expert level ability to inspire trust and maintain confidentiality to support executive level needs. Provide recommendations regarding new technologies to better support the company. Independently resolve complex, break/fix issues in person or via telephone.
- Will be responsible for deploying and supporting computers and other technology solutions for select business critical executives.
- This position requires 24 x 7 support to executives for hardware, software, network and other technology needs.
- Subject Matter Expert in support of multiple components and technologies such as desktops / laptops, mobile devices (Android / iOS), virtual desktop (VDI), Wi-Fi and LAN connections, WebEx, audio and video equipment & conference room support, peripheral setup, hard phones & VoIP, Office Suite, Apple & Windows 7 & 10 environments, etc.
- Coordinate small projects and events in support of the executive level staff that would be timeline driven with a high sense of urgency.
- Personal development and training to keep pace with technology changes and growth.
- Participate and leads in overall second and third level support for the Deskside Support team.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree, IT related certifications, and the equivalent relevant experience LEAN yellow belt or higher required.
- 5 - 10 years of relevant executive level IT support experience.
- Impeccable customer service and âbed-side manners' while offering white glove support to executive level or VIP team members and / or business partners.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting multiple components and technologies such as: desktop / laptops, mobile devices (Android / iOS), Wi-Fi and LAN connections, A / V Equipment & conference room support, peripheral setup, Skype, Box, WebEx, Spark, Virtual Desktop (VDI), Apple and Windows 7 / 10 environments, etc.
- Complete ownership of issues and problems and support from end to end; coordination of multiple teams and support personnel as needed to resolve the incident as quickly as possible.
- Work collaboratively with team members.
- Capability to work flexible hours, which may include day, evening and weekend hours.
- Prefer Certifications: CompTIA A+, HDI Desktop Support Technician (HDI-DST), ITIL Foundations v.3.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 07/08/2019