Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
- Codes instructions for computer programs or configures 3rd party packaged software for the environment
- Performs unit testing on the written programs to ensure they meet specifications
- Documents program logic and flow according to the standard procedures and conventions
- Quality checks program code and related objects and documentation
- Responds to Production Support issues and works with business as assigned
- Learn current environment - applications and back-end systems
- Develop and implement new software programs
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Work with database systems like SQL Server and DB2) - Access?
- Build new solutions based on business and industry best practices
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
Level I: 1 year experience in application development/ testing or business/system analysis role
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java or C#.NET
- Demonstrated knowledge of T-SQL
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Be able to troubleshoot a program written by someone else
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 07/09/2019