We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This position codes and unit tests instructions for actuarial end user computer programs and applications and performs analysis to ensure efficient use of computer resources and that the program specifications are met; recommends appropriate changes as necessary; provides documentation for the written programs according to the standards; supports monthly financial reporting process; works with business units as required; conducts preliminary estimates (Rough Order of Magnitude) for the level of effort to add to/make changes to application functionality; analyzes and makes recommendations on the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls, as well as data conversion, and recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Codes instructions for end user actuarial computer programs/applications/objects/components.
- Tests and implements all changes to ensure they meet specifications.
- Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions.
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation.
- Analyzes programs to ensure that they efficiently use computer and storage resources; recommends appropriate changes as necessary.
- Conducts preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
- Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling.
- Works with other actuarial business units and IT as required.
- Supports monthly financial reporting process by monitoring job flow, identifying problems/errors, contacting appropriate responsible parties for resolution, performing reconciliations, producing required report generation output.
- Provides LAN administration system support to the Actuarial function.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. Maximum, bending, talking, and hearing
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
2 years of experience in application development/testing or business/system analysis
Special Skill Requirement
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Ability to participate in discussions with complex content.
- Ability to compose reports with almost no grammatical errors and communicate proficiently.
- Experience in SAS, Perl, SQL.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 07/11/2019