We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Prepares and maintains financial records, financial statements and reports for assigned companies. Analyzes and interprets accounting records. Assists with special projects.
Essential Job Function
- Reconciles various general ledger accounts.
- Prepares and analyzes financial statements, variance reports and other financial records as required for assigned companies.
- Prepares recurring and miscellaneous journal entries and verifies the accuracy of computer input and output.
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and records for assigned companies.
- Prepares various reports and statements for state insurance departments and other regulatory authorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 20 lbs. maximum, seeing, speaking, hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
Work-related experience is not required for new college graduates with degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
Special Skill Requirement
Proficiency in Excel and Outlook preferred
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 08/02/2019